- Colorado Wildscapes: Bringing Conservation Home. This inspired the Habitat Hero project. It includes info which plant species attract birds and butterflies, how to design and build wildscapes, maintaining habitat with less water, and how these can be tools for education and community involvement.
- Wyoming Wildscapes. This detailed guidebook was developed in partnership with the Wyoming Game & Fish Department, providing invaluable information on how to design, plant, and maintaining landscaping to benefit people and wildlife.
Garden Stories, Judy Richter, 2017, CreateSpace Independent Publishing.
For a copy of either the Colorado or Wyoming Wildscapes book, please contact Jamie Weiss, Habitat Hero Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit $10.00 payment via check to Audubon Rockies, 116 N. College Ave., Suite 1, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Garden Revolution: How Our Landscapes Can Be A Source Of Environmental Change, Larry Weaner and Thomas Christopher, 2016, Timber Press.
- American Meadow Garden: Creating a natural alternative to the traditional lawn, John Greenlee, 2009, Timber Press.
- Attracting Native Pollinators: Protecting North America’s Bees and Butterflies, The Xerces Society, 2011, Workman Publishers.
- Bringing Home Nature: How you Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants, Douglas Tallamy, 2013, Timber Press.
- Collecting, Processing and Germinating Seeds of Wildland Plants, James A. Young & Cheryl G. Young, 1986, Timber Press.
- Farming with Native Beneficial Insects, The Xerces Society, 2014, Storey Publishing.
- Growing Native Plants of the Rocky Mountain Area, Robert D. Dorn and Jane L. Dorn, 2007, Lulu Publishing.
- High and Dry: Gardening with Cold-Hardy Dryland Plants, Robert Nold, 2008, Timber Press.
- Landscaping with Native Plants of the Intermountain Region, Hilary Parkinson, 2015, Technical Reference 1730-3 2003. U. S. Dept. Interior, Bureau of Land Management
- Native Plants for High-elevation Western Gardens, Janice Busco and Nancy R. Morin, 2010, Fulcrum Press.
- Plants with Altitude: Regionally Native Plants for Wyoming Gardens, Amy A. Fluet, Jennifer S. Thompson, Dorothy E. Tuthill, Brenna R. Marsicek, 2014, University of Wyoming, Biodiversity Institute.
- Undaunted Garden: Planting for Weather-Resilient Beauty, Laurent Springer Ogden, 2011, Fulcrum Press.
- Woody Plant Seed Manual, USDA, Forest Service, Agriculture Handbook No. 727, 2008, available online at http://nsl.fs.fed.us/nsl_wpsm.html