Family Fridays at Four Mile Ranch sessions will provide local students (target age: Kindergarten - 4th grade) who might otherwise visit the Ranch in the fall (via school) free opportunities to take an interpretive walk with their families. A scavenger hunt handout will be provided to students to work through as they walk the signed loop and check off their findings. Additionally, we will provide some stations with enrichment content for the students and families to engage in while down at the ranch. All activities will respect state-mandated recommendations.
Registration (free) is required to attend a Family Friday session. Please register for the date(s) you'd like to attend at the links below.
- As per CO state recommendations, we ask that all registrants wear a mask to maintain the safety of themselves and others. We rely on volunteers to run these programs. Maintaining social distancing and proper mask-wearing when interacting with others from another party or with Four Mile volunteers will make this program a possibility for our community. Please respect our need to maintain safety.
- Each child must be in the care of an adult (1 adult per 4 children). This program does not include a drop-off for participants.
- Please bring your signed Adult and Child Liability Release(s) for each participant that attends the event.
- There are inherent risks in hiking on uneven terrain, so please know that you'll be hiking at your own risk. Four Mile Ranch will provide maps, guidance, and suggested lengths for your kids on our signed trails. Please bring your own water, snacks, and layers to ensure a safe hike while at the ranch.
- There will be bathrooms onsite that are properly sanitized and maintained as per state of CO recommendations.
- We maintain a Leave No Trace ethic at Four Mile Ranch and ask that you pack everything out that you bring in. There will be no trashcans provided.
- In the event of foul weather or insufficient registration numbers met, we may cancel this event. We will notify registrants via email by 5 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled event with updated information. Thank you for understanding.
For questions, contact Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is hosted as a collaboration between Audubon Rockies and the Weminuche Audubon Society. Special thanks to our sponsors, the Jacob and Terese Hershey Foundation.