Audubon Rockies is a regional office of the National Audubon Society serving Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah, headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado. We seek a paid, part-time marketing and communications intern to join our Fort Collins office. The intern must commit to working 24 hours per week from May 2020 through the beginning of August 2020. Students note that we can accommodate a lighter schedule before the semester ends in May.
Under the supervision of the communications and marketing coordinator, the intern can expect to learn about conservation science, outreach, and policy in Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah through applied nonprofit marketing and communications.
National Audubon Society is dedicated to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
- Promote Audubon events by creating event webpages and flyers.
- Write and edit content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Write, assemble, and proofread emails to Audubon members.
- Write and edit copy for other communications such as blog posts, webpages, reports, fact sheets, and press releases.
Responsibilities may include, depending on the individual:
- Conduct marketing research.
- Conduct search engine optimization and marketing.
- Visual and/or written storytelling.
- Applicants must have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree.
- Strong communicator with a passion for conservation.
- Strong writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office are required.
- A good eye for design, understanding of social media platforms, and experience with email communications.
- Experience in the field of conservation is highly beneficial.
To apply, please submit an application through our online job posting. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a hire will be made between March and April 2020. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.