Habitat Heroes are individuals, organizations, and businesses that create habitat for birds and other wildlife by planting gardens with native plants. Anyone, regardless of their gardening abilities, can become a Habitat Hero. Once you've planted your bird-friendly garden, follow these steps to become a certified Habitat Hero. In doing so, you'll help inspire others to weave together a landscape in which birds thrive.
We will review your application and determine if your garden is a bronze, silver or gold wildscape. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your application and to receive your benefits package.
What benefits do I receive from my $30 application fee?
- An all-weather Habitat Hero garden sign to proudly display in your garden that corresponds to your bronze, silver, or gold status.
- One-year subscription to Audubon magazine
- Electronic copy of either Colorado or Wyoming Wildscapes book
- One packet of native wildflower seeds
- Opportunity to be featured in Audubon Rockies communications help to inspire others
- Pride in knowing you are part of the growing effort to weave together a landscape for wildlife
For more information or assistance, please contact Jamie Weiss, Habitat Hero coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 416-6931.
Rufous Hummingbird. Photo: Tom Koerner/USFWS
Become a Habitat Hero
Inspire others to create wildlife habitat and beautify your community.