Why Carry Beef from Audubon-certified Lands?
Shoppers everywhere are looking for ecolabels and demanding meat from responsibly-managed operations. Consumers want to know how their food is produced, where and by whom, and with what social and ecological consequences. Audubon’s bird-friendly land certification empowers consumers to support grassland conservation across millions of acres in the United States. We have a large and loyal consumer base that may be willing to buy beef from Audubon-certified lands, even if it costs more.
Benefits for Businesses
- Listing in the membership directory to facilitate networking among sustainable ranches and the companies that source from them
- Ability to locate ranchers and buyers throughout the supply chain
- A streamlined and efficient submission process for the approval of packaging and other materials that use the seal
- Use of Audubon's certification seal
- Promotional materials to increase sales
- Market appeal and the possible value-add to the product
Industry experts state that growth in non-traditional beef has grown 25-30 percent annually over the past decade and predict that this growth will continue. By replacing expensive grain-feed with regenerative management practices, ranchers are completely insulated from spikes in the price of feed. Similarly, supply from Audubon-certified ranches is growing and we expect to enroll more than one million acres by 2020.
Audubon's Conservation Ranching Initiative is one of the best hopes for grassland conservation across the nation. You can be part of an innovative initiative that helps consumers, ranchers, and the environment.