Habitat Heroes are individuals, organizations, and businesses who create habitat for birds and other wildlife by planting gardens with native plants. Anyone, regardless of their gardening abilities, can become a Habitat Hero. Once you've planted your bird-friendly garden, follow these steps to get become a certified Habitat Hero. In doing so, you'll help inspire others to weave together a landscape in which birds thrive.
Mail a $30.00 check made out to “Audubon Rockies” to 116 N. College Ave, Suite 1, Fort Collins, CO 80524.
We will review your application and determine if your garden is a bronze, silver or gold wildscape. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your application and to receive your benefits package.
What benefits do I receive from my $30 application fee?
- An all-weather garden sign to proudly display in your garden that corresponds to your bronze, silver, or gold status.
- One year subscription Audubon magazine
- Electronic copy of either Colorado or Wyoming Wildscapes book
- One packet of native wildflower seeds
- Being featured in Audubon Rockies communications help to inspire others!
- A chance to be featured in the nationally-recognized, High Country Gardens catalog
- Pride in knowing you are part of the growing effort to weave together a landscape for wildlife!
For more information or assistance, please contact Jamie Weiss, Habitat Hero Coordinator at email@example.com or (970) 416-6931
Apply for Habitat Hero Certification
Inspire others to create wildlife habitat and beautify your community